cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Registration .. who can read logs ?

AP Registration .. who can read logs ?

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II

5a9de8cbc62245068bcf944bb829fb47_RackMultipart20170110-112052-tazug9-AP_REG_Error01_inline.png

I have a problem with 2 new 3825E AP´s on a EWC with 09.15.04 Firmware.
After connecting the AP´s to network they get a DHCP Address from the IPAM System but no regestration and no management possible. i can ping the controlle, the controller can ping the AP and the "controller" is resolvable over DNS. On the same network port .. an other AP works fine so thats no problem with firewall or routing. The Problem is the registration process on the controller i thin. With debug level "Information" the are no entrys about this AP. But into the AP LOG you see some events with IKE and Key and this i not my level of knowlegde about these steps... I have apend the log from the AP.. perhaps someone is here who can read this log . and explan to me what happens there.
7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
They should register, the problem right now is that the controller rejects the AP because the controller doesn't know this new hardware type with v9.15.

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
Many THX .. that should solve the Problem ... as i already wrote we are on 09.15 Firmware of EWC and the customer has a strictly "no Problem.. no update" policy If i upgraded the ewc... do i have to update the AP manualy or should they Register ??

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
GTM-P2G8KFN