AP3610-1 Scheduled Reboot

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
I need to schedule reboots for my AP3610 APs.  I found this guide on the Hub but the AP I'm testing with does not seem to recognize/utilize keys for SSH authentication and forces the use of a passphrase.  Following a lead from a response to that post, I tried to use expect instead of bash so I could just pass the passphrase, but expect is not present on my controller.  Finally, the AP3610 is not listed in the AP > Global Settings > AP Maintenance Cycle utility.  

So...  How can I schedule reboots for the AP3610s?  I'm working on replacing them all, but for now I need to work around their quirks.
Photo of Terren Crider

Terren Crider

• 1,564 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Ostrovsky, Yury

Ostrovsky, Yury, Employee

• 3,050 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I believe you should have an option "Maintenance Cycle" in AP-->Global-->Maintanance-->AP Maintanance cycle (might be a bit different path in v9) in the GUI . 
If you don't like that for some reason , you can use any PC (linux or windows) which can run expect , I can give you the script to automate it . 
Photo of Terren Crider

Terren Crider

The AP3610 is not a listed platform in the AP Maintenance Cycle.  I'd appreciate a script.  I would prefer to run it from a controller, but I could try a different machine.
Photo of Terren Crider

Terren Crider

Just as an aside, there doesn't seem to be an option to schedule reboots for one or a group of selected APs.  In Bulk Configuration I can select just one or a few APs and reboot; can that operation be scheduled?
Photo of Doug Hyde

Doug Hyde, Technical Support Manager

• 20,502 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What code are you running on the controller?
Photo of Terren Crider

Terren Crider

The controllers are 09.21.09.0004.
Photo of Ostrovsky, Yury

Ostrovsky, Yury, Employee

• 3,050 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
please send me an email to yostrovs at extremenetworks , I will give you the instructions. 
Photo of Terren Crider

Terren Crider

Sent