cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3825i optimized settings

AP3825i optimized settings

Frank11
New Contributor
We just upgraded to the new AP3825i with a C4110 controller. All our 800 clients are on N and soon to be AC wireless standards.
Is there any DOC's or material for the best (optimized) settings for each radio on the AP?

Some radio settings on the AP I do not really know what they do.
3 REPLIES 3

hsachse
New Contributor III
I agree with Andre. In my opinion the decision to switch from 40 MHz to 80 MHz channel width should be based on your rf design/ap density and clients in use. In high density deployments most times is better to use 40 (sometimes only 20 MHz, too) because co-channel interference could be a problem.

I will create a RF simulation with Ekahau Site Survey and post some pictures to show what could happen when you switch from 40 MHz to 80 MHz and your design does not match for this.

Best Regards
Hartmut

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Frank

With 802.11ac being a 5Ghz only standard, you might have to look at your AP deployment/location.
With 802.11n alot of wireless networks was designed around 2.4Ghz, this now will need to change to be designed around 5Ghz

You will need to ask yourself what is your client/application requirement?
Do you require the AC speed.

To obtain speeds close to the advertised AC speeds you have to use 80mhz channels.
This is not pratical in a densely AP populated area.
In dense areas you will have to look at channel reuse and for this you will have to use 20mhz channels but might look at 40mhz channels.

So to summarize the optimized settings to obtain the best speeds will differ from site to site.
It all depends on your client/application requirements.

Regards

Andre

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Frank,
you'd find some settings for the 5GHz radio in this post...

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/ap3865-achieving-high-throughput-with-11ac

Regarding the 2.4GHz I'd configure it similar but also increase the min basic rate at least to 5.5.
I don't know how dense your deployment is so might be that you even can use a higher value and go for smaller cells.

And try to reduce the number of SSIDs to a minimum to decrease the overhead of mgmt frames.
GTM-P2G8KFN