Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Apple iPhones Connections hidden SSID

Apple iPhones Connections hidden SSID

Gerry
New Contributor II
Hi there,

i got an problem here with Apple iPhones 4 & 5 if they should join an wifi network whose ssid is hidden.
If the ssid of this network is broadcasted the phones are joining the network without problems.
If the ssid is set to hidden on the v4110 controller the iPhones are not connecting to this network.
Any suggestions to solve that issue?

Thank you very much.

Best regards
9 REPLIES 9

Simon_Vosper
New Contributor III
Gerry

To be honest 99 times out of 100 Wi-Fi connectivity issues will be down to the client device. Their drivers and the way the device is controlled is different for each device vendor. As a Wi-Fi engineer my first port of call for connectivity problems is always the device and this is almost always where the problem lies. You can usually prove it with packet captures. Try and capture the wireless Auth and Assoc frames to see whats going on between client and AP ļ™‚

Gerry
New Contributor II
Hello

So there is not really an solution because Apples iOS is the problem .

I will reenable the SSID and upgrade to 9.15.08.

Thanks@all

Gerry

Gerry
New Contributor II
Hello

thanks for the replies.

Software: 09.15.04.0011

Gerry

Gerry

As already stated, there are many client problems with hidden SSID's some of these go unresolved. Hiding the SSID adds no useful additional security.

You could try to upgrade to the latest firmware (9.15.08) on the controller to rule out other issues, after that get in touch with GTAC and open a case, taking some realcap traces would be useful: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Using-Real-Capture-to-capture-wireless-tra...

-Gareth

GTM-P2G8KFN