cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

APs are not changing to their new DHCP address.

APs are not changing to their new DHCP address.

Laura
New Contributor III
C5210 Controller, Software: 09.21.10.0005, with 3605/3610 APs. We also use Brocade switches.
My controller is showing the APs down and with the wrong address, wrong subnet. The controller is showing AP 001f.45ee.3e7e with a 10.112 addy;

02b919f9bfec472aa7b80150ecd580d7_RackMultipart20160728-15903-o5apq7-wrong_addy_inline.png

But the Brocade switch shows the APs with the correct address. All the APs are down. The AP won't pull the conrrect address in the controller. Does anyone know why this is happening? And it's only happening at one of our buildings.

02b919f9bfec472aa7b80150ecd580d7_RackMultipart20160728-57056-1qjng7n-right_addy_inline.png

4 REPLIES 4

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You are more than welcome, I'm glad I was able to help.

Laura
New Contributor III
Thank you for all the help! šŸ™‚

Laura
New Contributor III
The vlan gateway was set wrong.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
The controller GUI could only reflect the last known IP = the last time the AP was connected to the controller via the mgmt tunnel.

So I assume that the AP received a new IP address and is not longer able to communicate with the controller interface that is enabled for AP registration.

The first thing to test would be whether the AP could reach the controller interface.
SSH to the AP (or use the console port on the AP) and try whether you'd ping the controller topology which is enabled for AP registration (= checkmark for AP registration is set).

If that is working I'd say that the AP is not aware of the controller IP.
So either provide the IP via DHCP option 78 or set it static on the AP with the CLI command...
cset authip 1 x.x.x.x (=controller IP for AP registration).

If the ping doens't work you've a routing problem, could be that the AP doesn't get the right default gateway via DHCP or the controller has no routing entry to this network or your LAN isn't correctly configured to forward the traffic from the AP to the controller.
GTM-P2G8KFN