cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any limits for bootprelay enabled VLANs and how many different DHCP servers may I use simultaneously?

Are there any limits for bootprelay enabled VLANs and how many different DHCP servers may I use simultaneously?

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

Just say "yes" or "no".

I am very sorry for a stupid question. Customer replied that there were some problems, but I remembered at my own experience that is was OK.

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

4 REPLIES 4

Necheporenko__N
Extreme Employee
Hi Mark,

Number will be increased in one of our next XOS release.

Best Regards,
Nikolay

Mark_Lamond
New Contributor III
I'm also having problems with this on an X460-G2 running 22.2.1.5 with the evaluation license enabled.

It is only letting me configure 4 BOOTP relays per switch and assign a maximum of 4 to each VLAN.
I need to add 8 or more to the switch and 8 to specific VLAN's.

My switch is running two VR's with 10 VLAN's all running routing.

The reason I need to add so many DHCP relays is we use Enterasys NAC which requires DHCP packets to be forwarded to it so it can fingerprint clients. We have 8 NAC appliances and a couple of DHCP servers for clients and various phone systems that also operate as DHCP servers, so there is a lot of forwarding going on.

The release notes for 22.2 say:

BOOTP/DHCP relay—maximum number of BOOTP or DHCP servers per virtual router.
Summit X460-G2, X670-G2, X770, X450-G2, and ExtremeSwitching X440-G2, X620, X870

BOOTP/DHCP relay—maximum number of BOOTP or DHCP servers per VLAN.
Summit X460-G2, X670-G2, X770, X450-G2, and ExtremeSwitching X440-G2, X620, X870

Hmmm, this is going to be a show-stopper for us.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hello,

For bootprelay enabled vlans the limit seems to be related to the number of vlans performing routing function.

That limit depends on the platform as follows (collected for 16.1.3 release):

BlackDiamond X8:

Summit X460-G2, X670, X770, X670-G2, X450-G2:

Summit X440:

Summit X480, X460:

Steven_Lin
Extreme Employee
Hello Llya,
As my recall, max number of Bootp or dhcp servers per VR is 4, max number of bootp or dhcp servers per vlan is 4 as well, but for your firmware version please confirm from release note:
http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/release-notes/

GTM-P2G8KFN