cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic guest user import on C4110 WLAN Controller?

automatic guest user import on C4110 WLAN Controller?

Thomas_Reiss
New Contributor
Hi,

is it possible to automaticaly import a guest user file into the controller (cron job or such)?
How?
Or, can we "push" the guest user to the Controller?

We try to implement a easier Management for User and Guest on our Hospital.

Thx
Thomas
11 REPLIES 11

Thomas_Reiss
New Contributor
Sorry, i need to ask back

When i try to create a user via CLI, i Need to start the ID with a "Guest-" prefix.

Here is a example:

EWC2:wlans:clients# client "userid" "username" "password" 2015-11-04 11:00:00 30 0
ID must start with prefix: Guest-

Error: invalid argument.
Usage: [no] client

Can i avoid this, because this didn't happen in Webinterface?

Thomas

Doug
Extreme Employee
I haven't seen anyone do this but we do offer the admin the ability to upload a guest file to the controller. I would create a test user in that screen Thomas suggested, then use that to create new accounts and upload them to the controller....

The following example imports the previously exported file created by the export_clients command in the controllers CLI (SSH):

EWC.extremenetworks.com:wlans:clients# import_clients 192.168.4.1 admin /support clients_export_file Please input password: Attempting to download file...

(Requires Exrtranet Log In) - Page 22 - import_clients - https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/dms.ashx?download=03a845cf-b879-4ffb-b2b2-9cc70...

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

thx for comment's!

Help a lot.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Yes but they could use a standard password in the file for each account. i guess I would need to know more about the design requirements...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN