cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability failover - site AP selections were lost in synchronization?

Availability failover - site AP selections were lost in synchronization?

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
My primary C5210 lost network connectivity this morning, and it appears that my failover went sour. When things transitioned to my backup C5210, all of my sites were there, but the AP assignments were lost.

It took me a while to figure out what the issue was, and now that I have corrected everything, I am afraid to transition back to the primary for fear of losing my site to AP assignments again. I have the "Synchronized" box checked for all my site configurations. And the last time I did a failover, this did not happen. But it was a planned transition in perfect network conditions.

Are there any noted cases of this happening? Perhaps it's a bug or expected behavior.

I am running firmware 10.31.01.0048.

8 REPLIES 8

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Just a quick follow up on this --- I called into GTAK today because I need to finish moving these over and I wanted someone to see this happening in real time. The tech I spoke with said that he believes that this is a firmware flaw which has since been resolved.

The issue was not so much with synch'ing between the two controllers. But rather was with the AP's ability to talk to the controller it is presently connected to. Moving it to another controller by approving as foreign just brought the issue to the surface.

I noticed that the version I am presently running, 10.31.01.0048, has disappeared from the list of available downloads - so I too believe that this may be an old bug.

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
So it seems any AP that I move from my backup controller to the primary controller *that is in a site* will lose it's WLAN's. If I got into the site properties and remove the AP's, save, add them back, save, then they pick up the WLAN's again.

If I move an AP from the secondary to the primary that is *not* in a site, it retains it's WLAN's without any problems. Anyone have an idea of where I could look for clues? Might just have to open a ticket with support on this one.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Are you using sites mode for the main configuration or are these just VNS's?
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

I synchronize on a global level. So when I am looking at a particular site, the box is checked and grayed out, and says "Replicated when Synchronize Configuration is enabled".
GTM-P2G8KFN