cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and Restore Purview Data in NetSight

Backup and Restore Purview Data in NetSight

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently replaced the NetSight Server, including copying all the files / locations listed below along with a database backup and restore.

Everything is how it was except historic Purview data? I still have access to the old NetSight server and wondering where this data is and how to restore it?

/NetSight/services/snmptrapd.conf
/NetSight/appdata/NSJBoss.properties
/NetSight/appdata/snmptrapd.conf
/NetSight/appdata/license
/NetSight/appdata/OneView/MyReports
/NetSight/appdata/System/mibs/MyMibs
/NetSight/appdata/System/mibs/thirdparty
/NetSight/appdata/System/FlexViews/My FlexViews
/NetSight/appdata/System/deviceTypes/myDeviceTypes.properties
/NetSight/appdata/System/Shared/autoGroups.xml
/NetSight/appdata/System/Shared/ThirdPartyMenu.xml
/NetSight/appdata/logs
/NetSight/appdata/CommandScriptTool
/NetSight/appdata/backup

Many thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
That did the job! It looks like that checkbox is enabled by default on backup but not restore. So simply did a restore on the previous backup and it worked.

What was also good was that it seemed to append to the data collected in recent days, instead of completely wiping and restoring back to the backups point of time.

Thanks for your support.

Frank_Thomas
Extreme Employee
When restoring did you check restore alarm/reporting checkbox?

61741fc34e614390bea4904101962877_RackMultipart20151124-22163-18771in-restorealarmandreporting_inline.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting back.

When I did a database backup it created two files, netsight and netsight.rpt file that where used to restore the database. The netsight file doesn't seem to show an extension of .sql but is 20mb in size and netsight.rpt is about 463mb.

So although I have restored the database using netsight.rpt file and all is how it was, there is still no historic Purview data, and I am not sure what .sql file you are referring to other then the ones described above. Also, how I would restore the historic purview data should there be any additional backup / sql file.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
the historical data for Purview should be in the
/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/backup/
Directory as a .rpt file, along with a matching .sql file. You will want to store those aside.
GTM-P2G8KFN