Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup wireless controller configuration with inventory manager

Backup wireless controller configuration with inventory manager

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am trying to configure an archive in inventory manager to backup the wireless controller. I did all below but it is not working:
1- configured the SCP options in inventory manager with the netsight account
2- configured the image information in inventory manager for wireless controller as below
  • firmware MIB : script
  • configuration MIB : script.
  • device family definition: entrasys wireless controller -SCP
The error message is (Configuration Upload script is empty in file Enterasys Networks Wireless Controller - SCP)

note: I tried to use "controlled by device type" for configuration MIB, but also it did not work and the error message is (Device Reported - There is no such file or directory)

Anyone have an appreciated advice?

PS. I can access the wireless controller well from netsight and I can execute commands over SSH.

Thanks
Husam

1454b3716e714392ade0a0ac70ac1101_RackMultipart20151230-10751-l5462n-Capture1_inline.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Husam, glad to know everything is working ok now.

And thanks for coming back and telling us how you solved it, as it will help other users facing the same problem.

Have a great new year!

Husam
New Contributor II
Thank you all. It is solved.

The problem was that Netsight for windows does not include any FTP or SCP server.
I have installed filezila and did the required configuration related to account and directory in the option-file transfer-FTP. It is going well now and the config file is stored along with other devices in same directory.

Below link guided me to find the problem
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Netsight-Archive-Manager-Fails-to-Backup...

regards
Husam

Husam, thanks for your reply.

It was resolved, in my case I used the home FTP server.

In the FTP server was created a group and I associated one called inventory account and also a directory for this user.

In the inventory manager within the FTP options, I put the credentials of User created within the home ftp server and it worked perfectly.

Recalling that also what we need to change is the type of protocol used, instead of scp (default) put the FTP method.

If someone need to describe the step by step of each configuration.

Thank you.
GTM-P2G8KFN