Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup wireless controller fail somtimes for some SSID

Backup wireless controller fail somtimes for some SSID

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I have setup of 2 wireless controllers, 5 SSID and 200 APs. 4 Topologies are bridged at EWC and one at AP. Everything is going and working well as all access points are active in the main wireless controller. But when some APs move to be active on the backup controller some SSIDs (bridged at EWC) don't work well sometimes for some users while other SSIDs keep working well.

I checked the path between two wireless controllers and all Topologies are reachable and synchronized.

I am using C5210 and software 09.21.06.0006 for both controllers

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?!

Thanks in advance,
Husam

12 REPLIES 12

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi,

Thank you. It is solved. it was miss-configuration related to default gateway of some topology.

Best regards

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Husam, Do you still need help with this issue?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Pretty sure that this is related to mobility but we'd need a network diagram to unterstand the setup and to give you some advise.

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi
I thought that the mobility is related roaming the user between two APs each one is connected to different EWC. But my case is that if one AP moved to be active on the Backup controller, sometimes some user already connected or new connected to this AP can not reach the gateway and nothing else in the network. This case for some user not for all of them.

attached is screenshot of home page, mobility config and affected topology.

a8cddfe36d374f30b469f1882cbf8e23_RackMultipart20160303-75403-1ma4pou-Toplogy_on_Primary_EWC__inline.jpg

a8cddfe36d374f30b469f1882cbf8e23_RackMultipart20160303-83298-rq7f8s-Hompe_page_on_Primary_EWC__inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN