cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic question: how to supply static IP address to specific port

basic question: how to supply static IP address to specific port

Joe_Ang
New Contributor

I am trying to provide an IP address to port 3 on my x440. I am used to cisco switches where I can int f0/0 ip xxx, but extreme switches are different.

My security camera company wants an IP address on a specific port, but I'm having difficulties doing so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried the instructions from https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083610 but when I configure my laptop to have that IP address, I can't connect to the internet.

For example, if firewall IP is 192.168.1.1, switch is 192.168.1.4, I would like port 3 designated to port 192.168.1.10.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Nick_Yakimenko
New Contributor II
well, did you make it done?

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
What is the default route for the switch? My guess is the switch is receiving internet traffic and not sure where to send it even though it is the gateway for your computer. Can you try extending the VLAN up to the firewall and changing the default gateway on the pc to the firewall IP address. Either that or add a default route to your router on the switch.

The laptop default gateway shows the switch ip for security cameras.

my guess is that pfsence's subnet is /24 but in vlan securitycameras a subnet /29 is used. So pfsense tries to send traffic directly within its /24, not via x440
GTM-P2G8KFN