Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Best Practices for WLAN for T5 and TW522s

Best Practices for WLAN for T5 and TW522s

Alex_Shalima
New Contributor
Hello,

Question:
Does a best practice exist for T5 product line? All I can find online is release notes on the product.

Mainly I would like to know what is the limitation for TKIP type encryption per TW-522. How many clients with that type of encryption (assume WPA2) can I have per WAP at max? Same question for CCMP (AES) encryption: how many clients max can 1 WAP support?

Also,
Any other recommendations/best practices.

Problem:
We have 5 x DSLAMs with around 100 x TW-522 property wide deployment. On that network we have several open SSIDs and several configured with WPA2 and TKIP-CCMP encryption. On the WPA2 encrypted SSIDs, Android and iOS devices from time to time get a message: incorrect password or invalid password. This happens at random. We have tried enabling Mixed mode of WPA/WPA2 and that did nothing.

Firmware: for both WAPs and DSLAMs - 5.4.2.2-003R

Has anyone ran into this before?

Cheers,
Alex
2 REPLIES 2

Erin_Bulloch
Extreme Employee
Hi Alex,
The limit for wireless clients is configured per radio. The default is 64 and the max is 128.
Please make sure all CPEs have 5.4.2.2 firmware - mismatched firmware between T5 and CPE can cause odd behavior.
Have you recently made a change to any of the WLAN settings on that T5? If so, there is a known bug that can cause odd behavior until you reboot the radios after a change to any WLAN is made.
If none of that helps, please open a support case so we can work on it.
Thanks!
Erin

Thanks Erin!

I will reboot the DSLAMs and try again.

Cheers,
Alex
GTM-P2G8KFN