cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Best recommended radio setting

Best recommended radio setting

Saiprasad_Rao_R
New Contributor II
Whats the best recommended radio setting for 3805i for location "INDIA", with below setting we are not getting the best of the signals, is there any recommended antenna selection when the ap is mounted on ceiling facing down....

f4f06f5d27d848c2bc1c2af91b457459_RackMultipart20150821-7027-n0oq0i-radioSettings_inline.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Doug
Extreme Employee
Saiprasad Rapolu, were you able to get this issue resolved?

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
The auto setting should work fine, if you look at the Active AP report you can tell what the ap decided on.... Example: 157+1/40/5dBm
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
No not yet, made few changes, I think im stuck @ channel width setting in default AP setting , i tried everything except channel width, I left it @ AUTO , will it create any issues, if yes i'll change it to 20 on both the radios...... so that the signal will be much better....

Hawkins__Bruce
Extreme Employee
The following link shows how best to lay out a 5Ghz channel plan: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.... Unless you have a very sparsely populated distribution of access points, you might be better off setting all the channel width settings for the 5Ghz radios to 40Mhz and all the 2.4Ghz radios to 20Mhz. Also, you should probably move to the "All Non-DFS" channel plan on the 5Ghz side. You may see performance improvements by enabling ADDBA Support and Aggregate MPDU's for your 3805 access points.
GTM-P2G8KFN