cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Diamond 8810; what is the command to show the layer 3 (inter vlan) switching utilization?

Black Diamond 8810; what is the command to show the layer 3 (inter vlan) switching utilization?

Rien_Maurik
New Contributor
Hello.

I want to know in a Black Diamond 8810 the Utilization of the Layer 3 traffic between the Vlan's.

For the Physical interfaces the command to see the utilization is "show ports utilization". Is there also a command to see the same for the Vlan interfaces or the layer 3 process?

6 REPLIES 6

Rien_Maurik
New Contributor
Hello Brandon

Thank you for your abswer, but the results of the "show ipstats" command is not the information i 'm looking for.

I'm looking for the utilization of the routing ( layer3 ) between the vlan's in packets per second, or byte per second or Bite per second.

The Command "show port utilisation" show the packets transfert per second, I want to see the same for the packets between the vlan's.

The problem with the "show IP stats" is that the output shows only the total of packet, not the packet per second or the Peak packet per second

- Rien

Hi,

this last requirement is a bit different. If you only need statistics Tx/Rx per vlan, you can do it already.

config port monitor vlan
sh vlan statistics

example:
Slot-1 Stack.5 # configure port all monitor vlan "switches"
Slot-1 Stack.6 # sh vlan "switches" statistics
VLAN Statistics Wed Nov 4 11:30:36 2015
Vlan Rx Total Rx Byte Tx Total Tx Byte
Frames Count Frames Count
================================================================================
switches 133 11088 0 0

================================================================================
0->Clear Counters U->page up D->page down ESC->exit

Hi there - I've been watching this query as I have the same requirement.
Brandon, perhaps you could open a feature request after all.
In our case we have multiple vlans on an ISP link and we'd like to be able to determine how much traffic each vlan is sending/receiving.

Hello Brandon

Thank You for your time and offer, but in the mean time we also open a gtac case with this question. The Gtac engineer (Kawawa Chitiya) advice us to us a policy to measure the packets leaving the vlan.

This sollution ísn't great but is working good enough fur us.

thank you for your help

greeting Rien

GTM-P2G8KFN