cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blinking MGMT led in summit X250e-24p

blinking MGMT led in summit X250e-24p

gu_ombede
New Contributor
I have a Summit X250e-24P. The switch. I cannot get the parameters of the switch because, when I power on my switch, The fan led and the PSU-I led are green and steady but the MGMT led is always blinking fast. I want to know how I can solve the problem. Thanks;
11 REPLIES 11

gu_ombede
New Contributor
Hi, thanks for your help,
I connect a console cable (serial RS232), there is any communication with the switch. I will try to change the 6 capacitors (1000µF-6,3V) on the daughter board and see the behavior of the unit.
I think that if the POST is not passed, you cannot get communication with any console..

Several site, such as http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-your-electronics-by-replacing-blown-capacit/ have pictures of blown capacitors. The top is bulged up or sometimes even split. You can get capacitors cheap on Amazon. The place I use sells 10 caps of almost any value for $4.95 with $4.95 shipping. If you buy 2 or three packs of 10, the shipping stays at $4.95 which makes it less of a burden. Good luck.

My unit is too old and not use in production. I will try myself and my alternative is throwing it in the trash.

I agree that if you have a warranty or a service contract and are using the switches in production, fixing them yourself is a bad idea. If you have none of those things and the alternative is throwing the switch in the trash, it is worth looking into.
GTM-P2G8KFN