Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug : Netsight -> Device View -> Device Logs Repolling -> Filtering Not Honored

Bug : Netsight -> Device View -> Device Logs Repolling -> Filtering Not Honored

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II
Hi Guys,

I've been having an issue viewing the Trap Logs and Syslogs for a particular device.

If I click on Network -> Devices -> Click gray Arrow Next to a Switch to enter Device View -> Click on Device Logs.

The Syslog and Trap events are initially automatically filtered by the device I clicked on but after a syslog or trap repoll ( i believe is set to 60 seconds) that default filter is erased and I see syslog and traps for every device.

If i then manually enter a filter by source, it filters on that , but then again on the 60 second repoll gets ignored.

The same issue occurs in Alarms and Events -> Events -> Syslog.
If you enter in a filter on a column, the filter isn't honored on the next repoll

This makes viewing the syslogs or traps through Netsight more complicated and frustrating.

Can someone take a look at this?

Verified on version: 8.1.3.65
11 REPLIES 11

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II
How do you submit a bug? I tried creating a case, then it asks for a serial number and it says that product doesn't have a maintenance agreement. I put in the info for a school that is using NMS-ADV-U purchased this summer.

Seems a bit complicated to submit a bug, unless there is a different process just for bugs.

Thanks Jeff

Hi Byron,

I will move this case over in your name and take ownership.

Thanks and regards
Jeff

Thanks Z
GTM-P2G8KFN