cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

C25 Identifi Wlan schedules possible?

C25 Identifi Wlan schedules possible?

Diederik_Kuijpe
New Contributor III
I'm currently tasked with managing a wireless network with 2 C25 EWCs and 50 odd APS for a small school district.

I've gotten a request to set up a scheduled public guest network that's only available during certain parts of the day (particularly after school hours). The guest networks runs like a charm but I can't seem to find any settings that allow for schedules in any of the config pages or documentation except for a tutorial in OneCloud, which I currently do not have set up (I doubt I'm eligible).

Is there a way to set up WLAN availability schedules from identiFi? I can schedule a traffic block on the firewall, but I'd rather the wireless broadcast be unavailable altogether so folks who try to connect anyway don't complain.
7 REPLIES 7

Craig_Guilmette
Extreme Employee
Hello Diederik I agree but unfortunately the controller itself can not do it at this time.

Diederik_Kuijpe
New Contributor III
This seems more like something that ought to be possible to do with the wireless controller natively through identiFi, Console or Policy Manager. Setting up and managing a separate linux VM to run a single cron script is not a long term solution for this feature. Can the EWC not run the script?

I changed the splash page to indicate operating times for now.

Expect can run on Windows. Or you can use snmpset as I explain here.

Ty_Kolff
New Contributor II
I believe the script can be run on any Linux server. It doesn't have to be a Netsight server.
GTM-P2G8KFN