cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

C35 premature failures

C35 premature failures

Hennes_Hoffmann
New Contributor II
Having experienced two premature failures of C35 units, I am wondering, especially after the recent coverage of the Atom C2xxx issue, if more problems are on the way? Has extreme observed unusually high failure rates (my personal experience is a clear yes, 50% in 18 months) and are there plans how to tackle this?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Weidle__Bert
Extreme Employee
Regarding your last question. Extreme will honor replacement requests after June 9. we are asking customers to submit before that date when possible to assist with quantity planning and distribution logistics.

The earlier questions are addressed in Field Notice 415

Please let us know if there are more questions.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm pretty sure that Extreme knows exactly which boxes are affected and who bought them.
So how about Extreme checks the database and informs affected partners/customers.

Because my boss doesn't like the idea that I make a road trip thru the whole country just to check a sticker on the bottom of every unit that we've sold.

Regarding the FAQ - what if I don't contact Extreme till June 9th ?

Hennes_Hoffmann
New Contributor II
Thanks for that. The originally shipped 35s are 5As, the replacements were 5Ds, so all well below 5J. We run two redundant setups (=4 C35), but given the sudden nature of the failures and the possible strain on getting replacements, what would be your advice? Giving up on redundancy and safe two units offline keeping them as cold spares until the equipment gets replaced?

Can't remember exactly, but no, it wasn't a C35, instead some four digit monster (52xx?), about twice as deep as the C35, hence it wouldn't even fit in our rack. At that point we concluded that it might be a bit to easy to get the diamond badge as a EN partner...
GTM-P2G8KFN