cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone help here as i want to add two target ip addresses in snmp config of switch how to

can anyone help here as i want to add two target ip addresses in snmp config of switch how to

Farookh_shaikh
New Contributor
Multiple NMS server addition in switch
6 REPLIES 6

Frank
Contributor
If you have one server that can query the switch, I think using the same settings on another server should work. But I have to admit, I haven't used SNMPv3 yet at all - most of what I do uses SNMPv2 (and I only allow access from the management port)

I may have to point you at the documentation - go to http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation-archives, scroll down and click on "Extreme XOS" (yes, it doesn't look like a clickable link, but it does actually expand when you click it), find the User Guide that's appropriate for your switch's XOS version.

For instance for version 15.5, snmpv3 commands start around page 1314 of the PDF
The 15.6 user guide seems to have nice examples/walkthroughs starting around page 73 of the PDF, snmpv3 starting at page 83 - I'd probably use that guide if I'd have to set up v3 🙂

Just so we don't forget, you did enable snmp (enable snmp / enable snmp access, etc.)?

Frank

Farookh_shaikh
New Contributor
Hi frank,

Please help i want to have multiple servers be able to access the same switch via snmpv3 help in this issue

Have you tried it? I don't see why this wouldn't just work once you have SNMPv3 correctly configured on the switch. Multiple SNMPV3 clients accessing the same switch is more common than you would think.

Frank
Contributor
Ah, in that case this might help:
configure syslog add [ipaddress | ipPort] {vr vr_name} [local0...local7]So you could say
configure syslog add 192.168.1.50 vr vr-Mgmt local3
configure syslog add 192.168.1.70 vr vr-Mgmt local5If the servers are reachable via the management interface. Use "vr-Default" if they're reachable on or through vlans that are connected to the 'vr-Default' vr, or in other words, if you never specified a vr.

If you look at your config after that command, you'll see separate entries for all the servers like "enable log target..." and "configure log target..." (where you define what and in what format you want to send the messages)

Frank
GTM-P2G8KFN