Can I use a transceiver SFP+ 1310nm 10Gb/s -8.2~0.5dBm -12.6dBm LC SM 10km Cisco for Extreme Switch, is this compatible?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hello, I have a doubt, Can I use a transceiver SFP+ 1310nm 10Gb/s -8.2~0.5dBm -12.6dBm LC SM 10km Cisco for Extreme Siwtch, is this compatible?...Thanks for your help
Photo of Arturo Rodriguez

Arturo Rodriguez

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Yulia Abitbul

Yulia Abitbul, Employee

• 472 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi there, 

What is the extreme switch model do you have?

Regards,
Yulia

Arturo Rodriguez

Hello Yulia, Thanks for your prompt reply, the device is a SLX 9850-4,
I'm waiting for you to help me again thanks
(Edited)

Arturo Rodriguez

I offer you an apology, the correct device is a MLXe-4, again thanks, I will be aware of your great help
(Edited)

Arturo Rodriguez

Thanks for your help
Sorry, just to check, during troubleshooting cases, would GTAC support/accommodate 3rd-party Transceivers? 
Reason for asking this is because most vendors if they found out that there is a 3rd-party transceivers slotted-in to their device, wouldn't continue with their support.

Photo of Tomasz

Tomasz

• 1,628 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ricardo,

With Extreme you doesn't violate the warranty I believe, but it is stated in several places that they don't guarantee if 3rd pty will work. So IMO if the issue will be related to an optic link with 3rd pty transceiver, GTAC will probably ask you to try on a different (original) transceiver as they have no capability nor reason to debug 3rd pty hardware.

HTH,
Tomasz
Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the clarification and I understand the response completely. 

We just acquired the distribution for Extreme here in Singapore and I'm in-charge of the technical portion (including support) for the whole Extreme portfolio.

Will be working with you guys closely. 

Thanks again!

Regards,
Ricardo