Can not update x440 firmware via Oneview

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Hi,

I can not update X440 firmware vie Oneview(latest ver. 6.3). I just get "Error Downloding Firmware". I  updated A4/B5/C5 deviced without any probem but X440 gives this error.

Any hint on this problem? Thanks.
Photo of Rahman Duran

Rahman Duran

• 2,012 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Curtis Parish

Curtis Parish

• 3,332 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
SNMP credentials have read/write permission on the x440?
Photo of Rahman Duran

Rahman Duran

Yes, I can run scripts like "CLI show configuration" via oneview. So no problem about snmp/cli credentials.
Photo of Tony Thornton

Tony Thornton, Extreme Alumnus

• 1,412 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rahman,

Are there any error messages in the switch log?  Also, is the correct VR being specified when starting the download?  For example, the switch has default VRs of VR-Mgmt and VR-Default.  

Regards
Tony
Photo of Rahman Duran

Rahman Duran

Hi Tony,

Yes, "show log" on x440 shows these errors:

10/14/2015 08:19:16.00 <Noti:EPM.download_status> Download of image finished with status failure -tftp: server error: (2) cannot access file                                                  
10/14/2015 08:19:15.87 <Erro:EPM.Upgrade.Fail> Upgrade failed, script: download failed
10/14/2015 08:19:15.62 <Noti:EPM.Upgrade.DnldImg> Download image from hostname  ip address 192.168.10.199 file name firmware/images/summitX-16.1.2.14.xos VR VR-Default

As the logs show, the Vr is correct. I can ping tftp server (witch is nms server itself) via VR-Default.
Photo of Tony Thornton

Rahman,

Just to confirm, is the EXOS image in the tftpboot/firmware/images directory or in the root/firmware/images directory?

The file should be in the tftpboot/firmware/images directory.

This may be related to the Knowledgebase article below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Inventory-Manager-is-having-an-issue-pus...

Hope this helps
Tony
Photo of Rahman Duran

Rahman Duran

Hi Tony,

I generally transfer files to tftp folder via scp. It seems it was a permission problem. Now the device can download the files.

Sorry for the noise, thanks.
Photo of Tony Thornton

Rahman, no problem, glad you were able to find the cause. Have a good day!