Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add multiple licensing bundles to NetSight / Extreme Management

Can't add multiple licensing bundles to NetSight / Extreme Management

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I know I must be missing something obvious here (don't remember it being a problem before), but hopefully someone can point out my error.

Trying to add multiple bundles of NMS licensing i.e NMS-ADV-50, NMS-ADV-25, NMS-ADV-25

Every time I add one on it replaces the other, instead of appending to it. There is the following message saying that only one can be added, which might explain it, but the answer doesn't seem to work:

Please enter a license for the NetSight OneView product in the area provided. Only a single license containing the text "NS-ONEVIEW", "NMS-", "NETSIGHTEVAL", "IA-ES-", "IA-PA-", or "PV-FPM-" will be accepted. All other licenses must be entered in a NetSight Suite application.

I'm currently running version 8.0.3.46, so first added the licenses via Diagnostics ->Server->Server Licenses which is where the text above has come from.

The bit about "All other licenses must be entered in a NetSight Suite application." I assumed I could add the licenses through the traditional method, say via Console, but get same problem.

I'm wondering if perhaps I can just added the license keys to the NMS bundle license file?:

/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/license

NMSAdvancedBundle.lic

I also need to add:

1 x IA-PA-3K
2 x IA-ES-1K

There is probably a GTAC article that answer the question, so apologies in advance that I couldn't find it.

Many thanks,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Trying to add multiple bundles of NMS licensing i.e NMS-ADV-50, NMS-ADV-25, NMS-ADV-25
You can't add them i.e. a 50+25+25 doesn't give you a 100.

You'd need to buy the upgrade license, i.e. if you've the NMS-ADV-50 you'd buy the NMS-A-100-UG = LICENSE UPGRADE NMS-ADV-50 TO NMS-ADV-100.

Here a link that includes screenshots on how to add the NAC licenses..

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/NAC-Troubleshooting-Tips-Licensing-issues

-Ron

Contact local Extreme team to migrate ADV-25 + ADV-25 + ADV-25 to ADV-100.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying Ron, and the info. Will chase that up. Cheers.

If the customer really has bought a NMS-ADV-50 + NMS-ADV-25 + NMS-ADV-25 license you'd contact the license team - I see no reason to deny a merge of the licenses (if they are under a active service contract) to a 100 as you've paid MUCH more for this 3 licenses instead of a NMS-ADV-100.
GTM-P2G8KFN