cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete static route - Please Help!!

Can't delete static route - Please Help!!

Cavan
New Contributor II
We have multiple Black Diamond 10808 with ExtremeXOS version 15.1.4.3 (v1514b3-patch1-4 by release-manager). We are suddenly unable to delete static routes, as is the case below. I saw someone else had the issue before but there was no resolution. This is a critical problem for us! Does anyone know why this happening or how to fix?

# sho ipr 66.201.xx.xx/29

Ori Destination Gateway Mtr Flags VLAN Duration
#s 66.201.xx.xx/29 66.201.xx.xx 1 UG---S-um--f- Filbert 23d:19h:48m:8s

# conf iproute delete 66.201.xx.xx/29 66.201.xx.xx

ERROR: Cannot delete the net route (66.201.xx.xx/255.255.255.248) with gateway(66.201.xx.xx)

5 REPLIES 5

JeremyClarkson
New Contributor
I had the same problem on a X440.

The static route flag was not 'U' up so wasn't getting used.

We also could not delete.

Thanks

Cavan
New Contributor II
Thanks for the comments. We finally figured out how we could delete it after trying many things unsuccessfuly. We had to change the priority of the route, then we could delete. I have no idea why that's the case. Here's is the command we used:

conf iproute add xx.xx.xx.xx /29 xx.xx.xx.xx 200 <-- set the priority of the route low

After modifying it to priority 200, we could delete it ! Still seems like a bug.

Brian_Mankin
New Contributor
Hi,

I may be grasping at straws but I think the 'f' flag indicates that this route is being used for forwarding. If this route were to be removed, how will packets for 66.201.xx.xx/29 reach their destination? Is the switch refusing to delete the static route because it doesn't have any way to route to 66.201.xx.xx/29 without this?

Just a guess.

Brian.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
could you try restarting the rtmgr process.
Then try to delete.

GTM-P2G8KFN