Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set factory default or upgrade for summit x450a-48t

Can't set factory default or upgrade for summit x450a-48t

Maple_Wang
New Contributor
Hi,

we are using summit x450a-48t with exos 15.3.2.11, recently, we want to reinstall or set factory default to it, but it didn't work.

we used command 'unconfigure switch all' and reboot, but the old configuration is still there, we also confirmed there is no default.xsf there, so we don't know how this happened.

we also tried to upgrade exos to new version, we can successfully download and install image on secondary partition, but sadly after rebooting, the active image and configuration was still old, even we used command "use image partition secondary".

I don't know what's going on here. anybody can provide hint to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

best regards.

7 REPLIES 7

Sushruth_Sathya
Extreme Employee
Hi,

This link should help you open a case with GTAC
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-open-GTAC-support-case-using-email

What version of EXOS are you trying to upgrade to?

Maple_Wang
New Contributor
Hi Ron,

did you mean that there is license issue? here is my switch and license type information, could you please help to check if there is something wrong? By the way, how to open a case? what information should I provide?

#show switch

System Type: X450a-48t

SysHealth check: Enabled (Normal)
Recovery Mode: All
System Watchdog: Enabled

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 15:05:56 2018
Timezone: [Auto DST Disabled] GMT Offset: 0 minutes, name is UTC.
Boot Time: Fri Sep 21 07:51:41 2018
Boot Count: 24
Next Reboot: None scheduled

Current State: OPERATIONAL
Image Selected: primary
Image Booted: primary
Primary ver: 15.2.3.2
Secondary ver: 15.3.5.2

# show license
Enabled License Level:
Core
Enabled Feature Packs:
None

best regards

Ron_Huygens
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
It looks like you're having an issue with the NVRAM or EEPROM.
Open a case to have this investigated.

Maple_Wang
New Contributor
Hi,

Thanks guys, but eventually, I still want to upgrade my exos, as I stated above, I can download and install exos image to second partition, but it can't take effect after reboot even I execute 'use image secondary'.

I know there is way to enter into bootrom to install image, but I can't use my spacebar through console, so is there another way to do it? force system using secondary partition anyway?

thanks again for your quick and helpful response.

best regards
GTM-P2G8KFN