Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change ip address in netsight

change ip address in netsight

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I just changed a few devices management ip address. Now Netsight can't reach them as expected. So how can I tell NMS to use new ip addresses to reach the devices? I can't seems to find it in Onview. I don't want to delete and add them with new ip addresses.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

bar
Contributor

I agree with Rahman.  It is not uncommon to have to change a switch IP address even though it is staying in exactly the same place on the network.  In this case any valuable historical data is lost if we have to delete and recreate 838d9c621cd54e339ad0b31294d3489f_1f612.png

Dominique_Ehrli
New Contributor II
Hi,

is there any update on updating IP Addresses in NetSight rather then re-adding devices?

I agree with Curtis Parish that this is an extra step and doesn't really go well with Staging Processes.

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
I guessing the netsight database is indexed by ip address. It would be great to be able to change the IP address. Many times I will configure a switch at my desk and use Netsight to push the firmware and do initial testing. I have to delete the temporary address from netsight and discover the new one after it is deployed . Just extra work in my mind.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,

Is there any technical reason for this? Because by deleting and re adding, I loose all collected historical datas for the devices.
GTM-P2G8KFN