Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Isolation - Extreme Wireless controller

Client Isolation - Extreme Wireless controller

Boopaa
New Contributor
Hi Team,
Does anybody have any ideas of how client isolation can be achieved for users on the same SSID and in the same vlan in Controller. I know other manufacturers have a simple Client isolation feature that will achieve this but I can't find it in Extreme Controller.
My ultimate goal is "Users have to communicate only gateway not others".
Any ideas welcome..!!!
11 REPLIES 11

Craig_Guilmette
Extreme Employee

It doesn't matter how the topology is forwarded..These ACL/Filter rules are applied to the guests role preventing the users from communicating with anybody on its subnet except the default gateway. Call our GTAC if you still need help after looking at the document again.

Helllo I have the same problem . I implemented -
  1. From the Controller/Appliance GUI
  2. Select WLAN Menu
  3. Select desired WLAN to block MU to MU traffic
  4. Click Advanced button
  5. Check the box in the CLient Behavior Window Block MU to MU traffic (not supported on Bridged at AP topologies)
  6. Click the Apply Button
  7. Click Save Button
and Applyed the Rulles .

The problem is solved only 1/2 . If 2 users are connected on the same ap everything is fine but if 1 ap is associated to wlc 1 and other ap-s is associated to second wlc 2 and 1 user is connected to 1 ap from wlc 1 and other users is connected to the ap from wlc 2 they can still comunicate

PLease if you have other option let me know

Thank you

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Block-MU-to-MU-enabled-but-users-can-still-communicate

Have you read the above document? This is the way to block the users from talking to anybody except their default gateway.
GTM-P2G8KFN