cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Compatibility Matrix for Firmware

Compatibility Matrix for Firmware

Makeshbabu
New Contributor
Hi, I am looking for the compatibility Matrix of Firmware for the A2 Series & S4 Series. Anyone can share the path from where I shall get it?
6 REPLIES 6

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

for the S-Series, take a look at Software Release Recommendations. For the A-Series, a post in the thread Extreme Hardware/Software Compatibility and Recommendation Matrices tells us that the latest released version is recommended:
Following up: I've verified that for the A/B/C/D/I and G series products, the latest version of the SecureStack software is always the recommended version.
[Both articles are linked to from the GTAC Knowledge article What is the recommended software version for my platform?]

For the S-Series you should take a look at the GTAC Knowledge article Explanation of S-Series Firmware Tracks as well.

Thanks,
Erik

The S-Series is the successor of the N-Series, I would not expect incompatibilities with existing A2 switches. If you did not upgrade the N-Series to firmware version 7, you may have to make changes to the configuration before you can use it with the S4.

If you are using 100M fiber connections to the A2 switches, you need to buy 1G fiber I/O modules and 100M SFPs for the S-Series.

Do you have any specific concerns regarding changing the N3 to an S4?

If you have a support login and the appropriate access, you can see information about the A2 here. https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/pages/A2.aspx Given that the A2 is no longer supported, you are not going to find updated comparison guides for it and the S4.

Hi,

Actually we are planning to replace the top level switch from N3 to S4. So after replacement, The Scenario is Top Level is S4 Series & Lower level is A2. So we need the compatibility matrix (comparison) between S4 & A2. Is there any link to find such combination?

GTM-P2G8KFN