cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config back up and restore

Config back up and restore

Simon_Vosper
New Contributor III
Hi Could someone please help me with swithc back and restore. I did tftp uplaod of config file and named it new.cfg I then did :tftp get" on to another switch: X670V-48t.2 # ls -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 64370 May 14 16:40 new.cfg -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 64370 May 14 16:50 primary.cfg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 187901 May 14 16:59 secondary.cfg drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 14 17:02 vmt Can someone please tell me why the command "use config new" will not work. I also made a copy of the config called primary.cfg. Put that on the switch too and over wrote the existing primary.cfg. When I reboot (saying no to save config) I just get setup wizard. Thanks Simon
13 REPLIES 13

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
hmm....i asked you some question on different forum  🙂
thanks for reply

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Ravi,

If you have a configuration that you would like to use from another switch the configuration can be uploaded using the "tftp" put" command. This will ensure the configuration retains the XML format allowing the file to remain with a .cfg file extension. Once the configuration has been uploaded it can then be transferred to the new switches using the "tftp get" command. Once the file has been transferred the "use configuration " command can be used as Joe previously mentioned.

-Andrew

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
yes...you got me right...but in which format i should push file? .cfg file needs xml format!!

Colatuno__Joe
Extreme Employee
Hey Ravi,

If I am understanding correctly, you have a configuration file but you would like to use a different configuration file. Is that correct?

If so, there is no need to remove the old .cfg files. Once you upload the new configuration file to the switch you can tell the switch to use the specified configuration file by running the command "use configuration ". You will then be prompted with the following:

"The selected configuration will take effect after the next switch reboot."

Once you issue the reboot command the switch will come up with the new configuration.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue!
GTM-P2G8KFN