cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

configuration of WS-AP3805i

configuration of WS-AP3805i

jairo_fernando_
New Contributor
hi we purchase an extreme WS-AP3805i, is new but we only have a manual of installation, I don't have any idea about how can I configure the new device, is an item new for me, what is the default IP? if someone knows how to configure since zero I really appreciate.
9 REPLIES 9

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, Jairo!

As workaround you can ask your local Disti/Reseller to give you trial for virtual controller (V2110) and configure AP at Site mode - https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-ExtremeWireless-Sites-Mode/?q=Site+mo...

And then wait for purchasing new controller.

Thank you!

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Jairo,

the AP is for Controller based only usage, as Roland and I wrote. So you have to buy an controller (as virtual machine or as hardware) or you can connect you access point to an cloud controller.
But for the virtual controller you need a chargeable license, too.

The Extreme Networks works together with sales and integration partner how sell this products.
Therefore the easiest way is to get in contact with the person how sold you the access point.

Regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Yes I'm sure, the AP3805i could only used together with a controller.

jairo_fernando_
New Contributor
really?
I believed that I only needed to connect my device to the computer and configuring through the computer.

there isn't any other way of configuring? is only by the controller that you showed me in the link?

regards
GTM-P2G8KFN