cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure DHCP server on EXOS Switch enabled with Netlogin

Configure DHCP server on EXOS Switch enabled with Netlogin

Alagesan_Jeyara
New Contributor
I have configured DHCP server on Extreme X440 G2 Switch and it is working as expected. Now i want to add the the Switch into NAC control engine which eventually enables netlogin session.

I believe the DHCP server will provide leases only on systems connected on particular vlan enabled ports. Below command for reference.

• enable dhcp ports vlan
But netlogin session will have dynamic vlan assigned to the ports based on dot1x/mac and above mentioned command is a contradict to that.

Can someone help me on this?
11 REPLIES 11

Matthew_Helm1
Extreme Employee
The command that I used in the UPM profile that launches when the client is authenticated and assigned a VLAN is as follows:
enable dhcp port $(EVENT.USER_PORT) vlan $(EVENT.USER_VLAN)

Is this what you are after?

The UPM profile for un-authentication is "blank".

Alagesan_Jeyara
New Contributor
Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your efforts. I would try that let you know if it works.

What i need to enter in below syntax for our DHCP requirement while creating profile

Matthew_Helm1
Extreme Employee
I have confirmed that the extended-security VSA is supported by NAC either as a proxy or acting as a full radius server.

Matthew_Helm1
Extreme Employee
I'm investigating, but you should be able to use a UPM profile specified in a VSA associated with the account passed from the radius server through the NAC as a proxy.

You would have to configure the UPM user-authenticate event on every port where you want DHCP to be enabled. Here is an article on how to use UPM for authenticating clients.

I'm investigating if NAC as a proxy somehow interferes with the VSA being passed from the radius server, but I do not believe it does. I assume you are using NAC as a proxy to a radius server, right?

GTM-P2G8KFN