Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Manish_S
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to setup my lab environment, with virtual box 4.3.26. I have uploaded the virtual box extension pacl. I have downloaded the EXOS VM, but when ever I try to import the VM the machine is not being listed in the folder specified.

This is the very first time I am using Virtual Box. Might be some dumb issue.

Had been couple of days that I have googled the issue, but couldn't resolve. Pls. help.

Regards,
Manish

32 REPLIES 32

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Nothing is officially supported or not with EXOS VM. This is a great educational, training tool, but only - so far - a best effort. I love them and use them all the time, don't get me wrong.

As for the Athlon CPU, I have no idea and I can't test it. It's designed for x86 so it's supposed to work. What version of the Athlon processor are you using? If it's a very old one, maybe you're missing some necessary registers. I'm assuming you have looked into the bios and set all the virtualization capabilities of the CPU?

Ash
New Contributor
bump

Ash
New Contributor
Hi Dan, I've tried both options with the same error. I've also tried a 3rd option, that of installing it as a qemu VM, also with the same result. The qemu option is actually what my end goal is as I want to run this as a qemu instance in GNS3.

Its also worth noting that the same VM works just fine on a ESXi virtualized intel xeon. Its surprising to me though that the AMD's would pose a problem, if indeed thats what the problem is.

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Ash,

Are you using Virtualbox or VMware Workstation/Fusion?

The EXOS VM is not meant to be installed directly on HW without a virtualization platform.
GTM-P2G8KFN