Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, team,

I have Netsight (7.1.1.9), NAC (7.1.1.9) and V2110 (10.43) installation. Both NAC and V2110 were added to Netsight console using SNMP v3 and they are OK (green).

Now I try to configure wireless users authorization through the NAC.

The problem is wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems tab, but they are in Wireless tab. When they connect to SSID they get TO NAC's portal interface, then they pass authorization with they AD credentials and then NAC freezes with Endless registration. Experienced guys say: bring you clients to NAC's End-Systems tab first. How? They don't appear there.

What most likely could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya

34 REPLIES 34

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
For what kind of users is that WLAN service ?
If they are in the internal AD I'd assume they are staff.
In that case why not just use PEAP/NAC instead of the NAC portal.

Ilya: what encryption is your Wifi network using? Is changing it to WPA2-Enterprise not an option?

There are no training and experts in NAC in Russia. I am engineer of a partner company, not a customer. I am totally broken. Now appliance is amber in console, but green in XMC. Nothing works. Vicious circle.

I'd like to be honest with you.... I don't think that someone is able to configure NAC successfully without attending the official training first.

The system is far too comprehensive to know how/where to configure the different parameters/options.
The system could do A LOT but you'd need to be trained to know how and that is IMHO nothing that you'd learn in a forum post.

Back in 2014 I've took the training and it was 4 weeks (NAC, Policy Manager, BYOD, Netsight) and even after that it took me some playing around in my lab to get a better unterstanding how everthing works (now it's only two weeks = XMC, NAC).

So my best advise is to attend the training or pay someone to do the installation for you and use that as hands on training to learn about the system.
GTM-P2G8KFN