Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connectivity to a switch (X440)

connectivity to a switch (X440)

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

I have a strange problem and wondered if someone can shed some light on this for me.

We have x440-48p which in-situ and 'working'.

I am trying to allocate a couple of ports to a particular VLan.

When I try to connect directly to the switch using RJ45 and Telnet I cannot gain any access. My system doesn't even show the login screen and I am unable to ping the unit.

However if I connect to one of our other Extreme Devices I can then connect to the problem device using a web browser and can see the basic config details.

When I click on the VLAN configuration it doesn't list any ports being associated with the VLAN.

If I click RELOAD I am presented with the following message:

"There are some unsaved changes in the form. Do you want the form to be updated?"

I click on Yes and the receive the following:

"Do you want to apply the changes to "VLAN NAME" Note: Modification to the IP Addresses will first un-configure the current IP Addresses."

Again I accept the changes.

However, the problem device still doesn't show the ports associated with the VLAN, I have to press RELOAD again and we go around in a loop.

Is this sort of behaviour correct or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Paul,
Apologies for not coming back to you sooner but I have been away from the office for a while.

Many thanks for the CLI Proxy software. I have quickly tried to use this but it doesn;t appear to run. This may be a Java isue as I notice there is a Java folder installed as part of the install however I do
not have Java on my current device. I will sort this out in the next few hours.

In the meantime I will start to obtain the details you requested - namely Show Switch, Show VLAN, Show VLAN Name, Show Management and I will post them here seperately.

Kind Regards,

Jason

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Jason

I have posted the archive version here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/znlt5dwd7f6n85e/AABIq4QkPE7EZv95cDfFboD0a?dl=0

try it out and let me know if you have any issues. I only saw this version one for 15.4 and one for 15.5 so I am hoping it is correct

Thanks
P

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Paul,

That'd be great, thanks very much

Current version is 15.3.2.11

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Jason

CLI proxy is supposed to be under e-support but I can't find it. Let me know what version you are running and I will get it and post it to dropbox.

Thanks
P
GTM-P2G8KFN