cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Controller Assisted Mobility

Controller Assisted Mobility

Gary_Hartstone
New Contributor II

Seeking any feedback on the "Controller Assisted Mobility" feature which can be enabled on WLAN>Client Settings.
I have a older Distribution Center site running 2 RFS7000s. Site has 3 buildings assigned to their own unique RF Domains. Building 1 has 60 AP621s, Building 3 has 30 AP621s and Building 3 has 20 AP6522s. All APs are configured for IPLayer3/MintLevel1 adoption. The main WLAN is tunnelled back to the controller and configured with a VLAN pool of 4 VLANs. Problems occur when forklifts move between RF domains, and on recent rare occasions MU disassociations result in MUs being assigned to a new VLAN. I've seen the following webpage https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000064277 which recommends implementing Controller Assisted Mobility for these issues, but when implemented I can't see any difference in the GUI or way of confirming if a roaming database is being maintained by the controller. any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

Alona
Extreme Employee
You have RFS7000 and AP 621 - both out of support. You should really plan for infrastructure replacement. You wont't be able to upgrade to 5.9 or any other release at this point.

aholden
Extreme Employee
Hi Shay - 5.9.0 is now available on the support site.

Before implementing, review the release notes for supported devices

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Thanks Andy! Chris F. sent us the release notes yesterday. We needed the by floor and\or area features about 6 months ago. We will take another run at it once we decide when to upgrade. May wait for 5.9.2 šŸ™‚

aholden
Extreme Employee
Hi - Reading the description on your wireless network, it seams closer to a CAMPUS deployment rather than a DISTRUBUTED one. The difference is that in a CAMPUS deployment there will be a single RF-Domain, but the AP are grouped to their assigned buildings by assigning them to AREAS/FLOOR. This option is listed in the AP's override. It will preserve the current SMART-RF settings and my improve your roaming. Use the ON-Line help for a full description of these features
GTM-P2G8KFN