cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller snmp community change ap alarm

Controller snmp community change ap alarm

Eisi1
New Contributor III
I have added a rw snmp community-string to Wireless Controller (C4110-2, System Version 09.21.07.0007) in Netsigth (6.3.0.182). The community-string is working, but I get "AP Out of Service-alarm" for all ap's managed by this Controller. For the Controller I get no alarm and the ap's are working and reachable from the Controller.
Any hints for me ?

5 REPLIES 5

Eisi1
New Contributor III
Hi Umut Aydin,

I was missing the last step "Use this CLI Credential in the Wireless Controller’s profile."
The alarms are gone now.
Thank you very much!

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Ensure that Wireless Controllers are discovered using an SNMP v2c or SNMP v3 profile.

Configure SSH CLI credentials for the Wireless Controller.

Wireless Manager uses the Wireless Controller’s CLI to retrieve required device configuration data and to configure the managed Wireless Controllers.

To configure the CLI credentials:

A) From NetSight Console, access Tools > Authorization/Device Access > Profiles/Credentials tab.

 Select the CLI Credentials subtab.

C) Select the CLI Credential being used by the Wireless Controller’s Profile, and Click Edit.

D) Enter the user name and password to be used in the credential. For Wireless Controllers, you must add the Login password to the Configuration field instead of the Login password field. The username and Configuration password specified here must match the username and Login password configured on the Wireless Controller

E) Verify the SSH connection type is selected.

D) Click OK.

Use this CLI Credential in the Wireless Controller’s profile.

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
I believe your snmp profile must also contain SSH CLI credentials for the Wireless Controller.

Eisi1
New Contributor III
No, this is not the case.
GTM-P2G8KFN