cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Converting standalone x670-G2-48x-4q to a stack. Best way to edit port number configuration?

Converting standalone x670-G2-48x-4q to a stack. Best way to edit port number configuration?

Ken_Applebaum
New Contributor II
We have 2 stand-alone, MLAG'ed x670-G2-48x-4q switches. I have purchased 2 more of the same model. We want to convert the stand alone switches to stacks, add a switch to each one, and mlag these stacks.

I realize that when we convert the stand-alone switch to a stack, the switch configuration needs to be manually edited to change the port numbering scheme from Port to Slot:Port.

The configuration file is 1800 lines long, with references to ports and port ranges throughout, so a simple search and replace won't work. Is there any tool, or automated way this can be done? Does anyone have any tips on how we can best accomplish this, and avoid missing port renames in the config?

Thanks,
Ken
10 REPLIES 10

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Ken,

you could take a look at https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/EXOS/Python/non_stacking_config_conv...

Br,
Erik

Edit: I was too slow... ļ˜‰

Ken_Applebaum
New Contributor II
Thank you both. I will check it out!

Great. Let me know how it works. Making these config changes can be very time consuming, so we need this script to work.

WOW! Thanks Stephen. I will download the script, and give it another shot.
GTM-P2G8KFN