Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

cset AP, controller looses antenna selection

cset AP, controller looses antenna selection

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

could someone try to see whether that is a general issue....

AP3825e running 10.31 (ROW)

If you cset the AP and the AP connects again to the controller the antenna selection is gone and I need to set the right antennas (and also set the radios to admin mode on) again.

In my opinion that shouldn't happen as the controller shouldn't loose that setting.

I've only tried it with a AP3825e but it could be that it's the same with other AP models with external antennas.

Thx,
Ron
10 REPLIES 10

Doug
Extreme Employee
Understood, I will see if we have a list Ron.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Thanks Doug,

could you please be so kind and tell the guys that that makes no sense.

Is there a list of "static AP properties" so I know what other parameters in my centralized mgmt (=controller) are not permanent.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Reference: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Factory-resetting-an-access-point-from-C...
Doug Hyde

Doug
Extreme Employee

Ron,

Here is how it works currently...

External antenna parameters are considered as static ap properties similar to static ip address and it gets reported back to a controller during discovery.

Cset factory removes the apā€™s running configuration and the ap goes into discovery looking for a controller. The default external antenna setting is "no antenna" so this gets reported back to the controller accepting this ap.

The controller will have to reconfigure the external antenna settings again.
Doug Hyde
GTM-P2G8KFN