DDMI information of X670/X670V

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Solved
Hello Sir/Madam, 
I have  Extrmem X670 and X670V switches in my DC. A few days ago,I used a LX  transceiver from Extreme with my X670 switch to see the DDMI of this transceiver, but the switch didn't show the  DDMI infromation, so did  X670V.  I know the command and operated it,but it wasn't useful. Please tell me the right way  to observe the transceiver's DDMI ,thanks for your help.
Photo of Ben.Cheng

Ben.Cheng

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Steven Lin

Steven Lin, Employee

• 2,286 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I didn't test for all, but some of old optics(10070H) on X670 and X670V not support DDMI, the newer one (10051H) is supported. It's better to check the model of optics first.
Photo of Ben.Cheng

Ben.Cheng

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello,Steven:
   Thanks for your help. There are some other questions.As for the old optics(10070H) that you told, the model type is 10/100/1000base -T copper.These transceivers havn't the DDMI function,so we can't observe the information of DDMI.
   But the type of 10050H is SFP SX,It supports the DDMI. so the DDMI information should be supported by X670/X670V,but they didn't as well.
 the picture shows the transceiver which I use now,are there something wrong Thanks for your help again.
(Edited)
Photo of Steven Lin

Steven Lin, Employee

• 2,286 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello Ben,
I didn't see 10050H under below the Summit switch supporting list, that means 10050H is not officially supported on your platform. 

https://www.extremenetworks.com/extreme-hardwaresoftware-compatibility-recommendation-matrices/summi...
Photo of Bin

Bin, Employee

• 5,350 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

Please check this discussion

Why I am geting this error ?? What is the exact meaning of DDMI ?
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/why-i-am-geting-this-error-what-is-the-exact-me...

Hope it helps
Best regards
Photo of Doug Hyde

Doug Hyde, Technical Support Manager

• 20,502 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ben, 

Are you all set with this issue?