Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp binding + dhcp excluded

dhcp binding + dhcp excluded

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, all!

Can you, please, give me explanation about DHCP-binding.

User Guide says "The DHCP bindings database contains the IP address, MAC Address, VLAN ID, and port number of the untrusted interface or client."
But as I understand dhcp binding - when we want to give to some client MAC address preconfigured IP address. Or I'm wrong?
If I wrong - how can we bind MAC-IP addresses pairs?

And last question: how can we exclude some addresses from switch DHCP-server?
As I remember - there wasn't so option.
But what we have to do if switch have dhcp-server with pool, for example, 10.0.0.50 - 10.0.0.100, but we have some clients which have static address 10.0.0.70 ???
12 REPLIES 12

Keith9
Contributor III

I think this is the command

configure ip-security dhcp-bindings add ip <ip address> mac <mac address> vlan <vlan name> server-port <port facing dhcp server> client-port <port where device resides> lease-time <0 if static>

example:
configure ip-security dhcp-bindings add ip 10.2.2.145 mac 00:26:AB:7B:42:66 vlan VL2 server-port 1:57 client-port 2:48 lease-time 0

Then if you made a mistake you could delete it

configure ip-security dhcp-bindings delete ip <ip address> vlan <vlan name>

example:
configure ip-security dhcp-bindings delete ip 10.2.2.145 vlan VL2

ARPcPro
New Contributor

It has been 4 years. Anyone found a way to do this static binding “MAC address → IP” on these switches?

Keith9
Contributor III

I need more clarification on this line from the article:

For statically assigned IP addresses, entries, MUST be manually added to the bindings database

Ok thats great but why didn’t the author of the article friggin write HOW TO DO IT?

Example here is how to do it on a Cisco switch:

ip source binding <mac address> vlan # <ip address> interface <port its plugged into>

ip source binding aaaa.bbbb.cccc vlan 1 10.3.0.45 interface Gi3/0/44

emanuel
Extreme Employee
Interesting article on the knowledge base.
A couple of question:
- Can I read via SNMP the table with the dhcp-snooping entries ?
- I am trying to delete the configure ip-security dhcp-bindings storage filename dhcpbind.xsf

command from my config but I can not. Any ideas ?

Thanks
Emanuel

GTM-P2G8KFN