Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

DHCP snooping log message

DHCP snooping log message

John_Moore2
New Contributor
Hi Experts,

I have an extreme switch running v15.1, there is an log message printed out, may I know what does the message mean?

10/23/2016 01:21:05.83 exosDhcpSnoop registered exosDhcpSnoop device (0)

3 REPLIES 3

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hello John, that's an information log as already said by Erik. Please see below the info based on EMS doc:

Kern.Info

Description
The EXOS kernel logged a message of severity 'Info'.

Remedy
No action required - Information message only.

Severity
Info

If I'm not wrong, the "Kern.Info" is not a default log event. I guess that you can remove that from DefaultFilter log to avoid that situation.

You can confirm that configuration with show configuration ems command and remove it from the log filter (if you want to) using the command configure log filter "DefaultFilter" delete events "kern.info".

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hello John,

I do not know what the message means exactly, but it seems to be reporting a normal operating condition.

The log level of Info tells us that the message is for informational purposes. This kind of message might be expected if DHCP snooping is used. You can use show configuration "ipSecurity" and the commands starting with show ip-security dhcp-snooping to check the relevant switch settings.

You can check the log settings using e.g. show configuration "ems" and show log components "ipSecur".

Erik

John_Moore2
New Contributor
Hello, can anyone answer my question? We didn't see this log before and worry about whether it is a critical alarm to our network.

Thanks for help
GTM-P2G8KFN