cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the X440-G2-12p-10GE4 have fans?

Does the X440-G2-12p-10GE4 have fans?

Andrew_Butterwo
New Contributor
I am looking for some silent PoE+ switches for a customer. The data sheet for te X440 G2 series states the X440-G2-12t-10GE4 & X440-G2-12p-10GE4 show the 'BYSTANDER SOUND PRESSURE' as '0 dB(A) fan off' and 'DECLARED SOUND POWER (LWAD)' as '0 bels fan off'.

Does this mean they don't have fans or that the fans don't always

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew_Butterwo
New Contributor
Hi Chad. Thanks for the reply. In the documentation here - http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/summit/Summit_Family_HW_Install/Technical_Specifications_Ap...

it is slightly different to the data sheet in that it says both the X440-G2-12t-10GE4 & X440-G2-12p-10GE4 have a Bystander Sound Pressure of 14.7 fan off and a Declared Sound Power of 2.7 fan off. However it also states this is "At 25°C and 50% PoE load where applicable".

Do the fans therefore come on when the temperature increases beyond 25°C and the PoE load is more then 50%? Or are the fans off permanently?

Andy

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
The 12t and 12p do have fans. However, they operate with the fan off, unless under high PoE Load (i.e 100%) or very high temperatures.

Aleixo_Gomes
Extreme Employee
Hi Andrew ,

could you confirm which firmware is being used on the switch , as i believe there is bug reported for one of the later firmware with fans reported as failed for output #show fans

Hi, We don't have the hardware yet. I am just trying to put together an equipment list. The customer has a requirement for PoE+ and quiet switches. The data sheet for the X440 G2 series has a table titled 'FAN AND ACOUSTIC NOISE' and the X440-G2-12t-10GE4 & X440-G2-12p-10GE4 show the same details as stated in the 1st post.

Andy

GTM-P2G8KFN