cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Does the X590 support LRM optics?

Does the X590 support LRM optics?

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
We recently found the data sheet for the X590 which could be a very attractive solution if it supports LRM optics.

We know not all SFP+ ports include the phy necessary to support LRMs which becomes an issue for customers trying to 10G over old MM fiber.

Thanks,
8 REPLIES 8

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Karthik,

When you provide answers about things you don't know the answers too it causes confusion which is not helpful and could even be harmful the customers and the brand. Fortunately I have additional resources and try to fact check everything, someone else may have read your post and ordered a 690, 590, 460-G2, or 620 only to find out it didn't work in their environment.

My understanding is the the 460-G2 does not support LRMs on the native 10G ports only on the ports in the optional Summit X460-G2 VIM-2x add-on card.

We found a document from Extreme that shows the 690 does not support LRMs.

b7ded2bd1f5a4e9c93fa78291a39bdf0_RackMultipart20180822-4776-1jtisi0-690_inline.png

From discussions we had last year I do not believe the 620 supports LRMs either, though I have no documentation one way or the other.

The 440-G2 supports LRMs only on the 48p models according to the data sheet.

The 450-G2 supports LRMs on all 10G models to the best of my knowledge.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
David, thanks for the follow up on this and coming back with complete information. I've removed the incorrect information to prevent confusion when others come along to browse.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,

I'm afraid the x590, as most of the other EXOS models, do not support natively LRM. Those are PHYless designs. There is 1 recent model of the x460G2 that will support it on half of their port, as they have the PHY. If you are looking for a couple of ports to support LRM, a solution should be made available "soon", for any model.

Edit: I correct myself, that statement on x460G2 was for MACSec capability, not LRM, which is for 10G ports.

Any word on the add on to support LRMs.
GTM-P2G8KFN