Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts LACP swicths X670V-48t

Doubts LACP swicths X670V-48t

J_Cano
New Contributor
hi,
I have 2 swicths X670v-48t with 2 stacks of 40 G each. Firmware version 15.6.1b.4. Only I have configured vlan "Default" on all ports. I created a dynamic LACP "enable sharing 1: 1 grouping 1: 1, 2: 1 algorithm-based L2 address lacp". I created another dynamic LACP "" enable sharing 1: 2 grouping 1: 2, 2: 2 algorithm address-based L2 lacp ".. The purpose is to connect each LACP a server with 2 network cards 10G Before configuring servers I connected a PC with IP 192.168.1.1/24 on port 1: 1 and another PC with IP 192.168.1.2/24 on port 1: 2. I made "ping" from one PC to another, but this not answer. When I connect the 2 servers in 2 corresponding ports I will answer the ping between them ?. on the other hand, is there any command or an application to view the traffic passing through the 2 links the lacp?.
Sorry for my english.
Thanks and regards
3 REPLIES 3

Srinivasan__Sat
Extreme Employee
Hi

Check if NIC driver on server/PC has NIC teaming/Channel bonding support. This can typically be seen under "Device manager" if its windows server. You can create a NIC team with appropriate ports and enable LACP, then connect it to X670 that has port sharing with LACP configured.

The below image shows what NIC teaming configuration looks like on Windows 2008 server with Intel NICs and Intel ANS drivers.

9108613163bb498cb118da3734c0af05_RackMultipart20141112-14510-130qe9a-nicteam_inline.png

One configured you should be able to see the server/pc ports added to agregator on X670

* (pacman debug) A2.1 # show ports sharing
Load Sharing Monitor
Config Current Agg Min Ld Share Ld Share Agg Link Link Up
Master Master Control Active Algorithm Group Mbr State Transitions
===============================================================================
9 9 LACP 1 L2 9 Y A 2
L2 10 Y A 2
================================================================================

On the server side you should see new connection under "Network Connections" which is for the NIC team. You can assign IP to this connection and ping between servers.

Regards,
Sathish

dflouret
Extreme Employee
J., espero que hables español... (in english below, for the rest)

No es posible probar un LAG conectando equipos individuales a sus puertos e intentar intercambiar tráfico entre ellos, ya sea que el LAG use LACP o no...

Un LAG NUNCA enviará un paquete recibido por uno de sus enlaces a través de los otros enlaces del LAG, porque se generaría un loop. Justamente, la configuración de LAG evita este reenvío.

Por otra parte, LACP es un protocolo que impide levantar un enlace de un LAG excepto que ese conecte a un puerto remoto que también tenga LACP configurado. Uno de los objetivos de LACP es evitar activar un enlace de LAG mal conectado.

Si quiseras probar los enlaces individuales de un lag estático (no LACP), deberías conectar una PC a uno de los enlaces del LAG y hacer ping desde otra PC NO conectada a otro enlace del LAG.

Si quisieras probar un LAG con LACP, necesitas SI o SI conectar un equipo que "hable" LACP, o el enlace no levantará.

It is not possible to test a LAG connecting individual PCs to its links and trying to exchange traffic between them, wether the LAG uses LACP or not...

A LAG will NEVER send a packet received from one of its links through the other links in the LAG because this would generate a loop. Configuring a LAG prevents precisely this kind of behavior.

On the other hand, LACP is a protocol that prevents a LAG link to become active unless it is connected to a remote port that also supports LACP. One of the objectives of LACP is to prevent activation of a misconnected LAG link.

If you want to test the individual links in a static LAG (no LACP configured), you should connect a PC to one of the links in the LAG and ping it from a PC NOT connected to other links in the LAG.

If you want to test a LAG with LACP, you will need to conect a PC or device that "speaks" LACP or the link will not be activated.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
if you are using lacp ,both the devices must have lacp configuration.
connecting a pc and testing is not the right way on lacp links.
show sharing ----to check lag status.
configure sharing on switch and also on server and make sure lacp is up.
then you can test the continuous ping between switch and server.
Also you can see traffic stats on show ports 1:1 statistics
GTM-P2G8KFN