cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Firmware Version XOS over switch x440

Downgrade Firmware Version XOS over switch x440

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
I need to make a greater Downgrade to a smaller version on a switch extreme x440 , what is the procedure?
Keep in mind that the version I want to get the just installed because of an error and should give isntalarla because I have not even restarting the switch and these teams are in production.
15 REPLIES 15

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II

ad8375470e1b4ffd8fa6b1258aad4155_RackMultipart20160419-78887-l6cbm5-FIRMWARE1_inline.jpg

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II

796a5a0143de4a609509ebc31c3ed9f4_RackMultipart20160419-86222-1oamvfc-FIRMWARE2_inline.jpg

Jairo:

The screenshot you provide is absolutely correct and expected behavior.

That partition has been written with the 16.1.3.6 image; it cannot be uninstalled, only installed over.

If you wish to return to the 15.x image present on the primary partition,
use image primary
reboot
And then you may install a 15.x image to the secondary partition, if you wish.

You can use the uninstall image command to uninstall the ssh xmod, but not the base code in the partition.

Derek_Bird
Extreme Employee
Jairo:

In the "show version images" output you provided, you still have 15.5.3.4 in the primary partition. Simply issue
use image primaryand reboot the switch. I presume this is the image you were running prior to the upgrade to 16.3.1.6.

There's no way to roll back to whatever image existed in the secondary partition prior to your upgrade, but since EXOS does not allow you to install to an active partition, it's likely the primary is what you were running before. Once you're booted into the primary partition, you can download a new image into the secondary partition, using the article detailing software upgrade provided by Henrique above.
GTM-P2G8KFN