dropreason 305 - offloaded tx radio NAR q full

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Hello community,

I have many dropreasons 305 - offloaded tx radio NAR q full.
AP7532 WING 5.9.1.4 - small deployment with only 3 AP's. Configured with trunk on ge1.

What is the meaning of dropreason 305 ?

Thanks,

Aviv
Photo of Aviv Kedem

Aviv Kedem

• 1,714 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Alona

Alona, Employee

• 1,700 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This means radio has trouble transmitting packets. Is this radio 1 or radio 2? Do you have the full output of proc\dataplane\wireless\radio\radio1-stats or radio2-stats? See if there is interference.
Photo of Aviv Kedem

Aviv Kedem

Alona?
Photo of Alona

Alona, Employee

• 1,700 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This looks pretty good, no phy errors, channel look pretty clean, utilization is low. What is the actual issue you have?
Photo of Aviv Kedem

Aviv Kedem

Hi Alona,

When transferred data trought eth all seems exellent, but when wireless clients transferred  we sew a very slow  download speeds (about 3-5MB/s trought the radio1 inerface) and about 60%+ ping drops and very high latency. The wireless clients we had: 1 pc + as 6 OLD MC9060/9090 + as 25 MC18 = as 32 units 
Started working on 2.4GHZ only. After sew this issue - added also 5GHZ and it improved the download speeds.
Maybe there is no more a massive downloading as it was and now we don't see this issue any more on the logs. It was couple of days before.
For my own opinion, it was a side-effect of using an old MC9060/9090 mobiles on the same radio with newest devices and it caused a slowness.
But why we have seen a huge 60%+ ping drops with very high response time 1000-2000ms and more?

Thanks,

Aviv

P.S All these clients and this issue was on 1 AP. Other 2 ap's are in a different areas.
(Edited)
Photo of Aviv Kedem

Aviv Kedem

Alona,

MC9060/9090 running a wavelink and it should be fine also with some minor packet drops.
I think about disabling of airtime-fairness to take some airtime from old mobiles to newest so overall throughput should be inreased.  I right?

Thanks,

Aviv
(Edited)
Photo of Aviv Kedem

Aviv Kedem

Update,

Added additional AP to split the clients between APS to make load balancing.
Anyway, I think should be some better solution here.

Regards,

Aviv
(Edited)