cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

dynamic ip route

dynamic ip route

Jon_Hurt
New Contributor
unable to remove dynamic ip route on a BD8810 running 15.3.1.4 image 1.0.4.1 ROM. This route is tied to a vlan that is in vrrp and eaps so I am suspecting my problem is that I need to remove it from them and then delete the route. Tried following:

core1-A.1 # config iproute del xxx.xxx.73.0/28 xxx.xxx.73.2
ERROR: Cannot delete the net route (xxx.xxx.73.0/255.255.255.240) with gateway(xxx.xxx.73.2)
* core1-A.5 # config iproute add xxx.xxx.73.0/28 xxx.xxx.73.2 200 (Changed priority)
* core1-A.6 # config iproute del xxx.xxx.73.0/28 xxx.xxx.73.2 (Would allow the command entry but route is still displaying)
#d xxx.xxx.73.0/28 xxx.xxx.73.2 1 U------um--f- vlan1

Are my suspicions correct in what I need to do with vrrp/eaps?
4 REPLIES 4

Jon_Hurt
New Contributor
the following is what I had to do to change the SM (the end desired result) for a dynamic iproute

Unconfig ipaddress

Config ipaddress

Config vrrp vrid address

Ena vrrp vrid

Ena ipforwarding

Thank you for the replies...they did help lead me to the solution

Sean_Brady
New Contributor II
If you wish to keep the IP address assigned to the VLAN and simply have it not be in the route table, you can "disable ipforwarding vlan vlan1" and it will disable IP forwarding in and out of the VLAN on that interface. If you execute this command, you'll notice the 'f' flag will no longer appear when you show the vlan.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
As Prashanth has outlined above, "#d" is a route learned as a result of directly connecting two devices that have IP addresses configured on their VLANs

#d 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1 1 U------um--f- v1_vlan 2d:1h:3m:45s#s 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1 1 U------um--f- v1_vlan 2d:1h:3m:45s#o 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1 1 U------um--f- v1_vlan 2d:1h:3m:45s
The above is simply for illustration purposes

Extreme switches work with routes that are:
  1. Statically added and will be preceded with #s
  2. Learned through direct routing which is accomplished by directly connecting two devices that have IP addresses configured on their VLANs. These will be preceded with #d
  3. Dynamically learned through a routing protocol (ospf, rip, etc), these will have their respective descriptor, refer to the origin section of the show iproute section
Origin(Ori): (b) BlackHole, (be) EBGP, (bg) BGP, (bi) IBGP, (bo) BOOTP,
(ct) CBT, (d) Direct, (df) DownIF, (dv) DVMRP, (e1) ISISL1Ext,
(e2) ISISL2Ext, (h) Hardcoded, (i) ICMP, (i1) ISISL1 (i2) ISISL2,
(is) ISIS, (mb) MBGP, (mbe) MBGPExt, (mbi) MBGPInter, (mp) MPLS Lsp,
(mo) MOSPF (o) OSPF, (o1) OSPFExt1, (o2) OSPFExt2,
(oa) OSPFIntra, (oe) OSPFAsExt, (or) OSPFInter, (pd) PIM-DM, (ps) PIM-SM,
(r) RIP, (ra) RtAdvrt, (s) Static, (sv) SLB_VIP, (un) UnKnown,
(*) Preferred unicast route (@) Preferred multicast route,
(#) Preferred unicast and multicast route.
In conclusion, you can only delete routes that you've manually added (i.e. Default routes and Static routes)

Prashanth_KG
Extreme Employee
Hi Jon,

The output,

#d xxx.xxx.73.0/28 xxx.xxx.73.2 1 U------um--f- vlan1

indicates that it is a directly connected route. We cannot delete this entry unless we remove the IP address for the VLAN.

Origin(Ori): (b) BlackHole, (be) EBGP, (bg) BGP, (bi) IBGP, (bo) BOOTP, (ct) CBT, (d) Direct, (df) DownIF, (dv) DVMRP, (e1) ISISL1Ext,
(e2) ISISL2Ext, (h) Hardcoded, (i) ICMP, (i1) ISISL1 (i2) ISISL2,
(is) ISIS, (mb) MBGP, (mbe) MBGPExt, (mbi) MBGPInter, (mp) MPLS Lsp,
(mo) MOSPF (o) OSPF, (o1) OSPFExt1, (o2) OSPFExt2,
(oa) OSPFIntra, (oe) OSPFAsExt, (or) OSPFInter, (pd) PIM-DM, (ps) PIM-SM,
(r) RIP, (ra) RtAdvrt, (s) Static, (sv) SLB_VIP, (un) UnKnown,
(*) Preferred unicast route (@) Preferred multicast route,
(#) Preferred unicast and multicast route.

I do not believe this is related to VRRP or EAPS.

GTM-P2G8KFN