Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EAPS and Load Sharing

EAPS and Load Sharing

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi,

I want to double my ring bandwidth between one BD8800 and two X460. Which one is the best, using EAPS over load sharing ports (ex. LACP) or use multiple domain rings with different ways (clockwise and conter clockwise)?

Best regards,
26 REPLIES 26

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Lazuardi I don't know why the modules wouldn't support the CRC32. I would ask to open GTAC as it would be a lot faster. Doing the algorithm as L3_L4 shouldn't mess with the ping. The Algorithm is just for the switch to determine how to hash the traffic over the different links.

I wish I could be more help but it is hard to troubleshoot over the posts.

P

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Paul,

How could new buying BD8800 modules become older? I'm using 15.6.1.4 EXOS.

I mean of "cannot connect" when using L3_L4 LACP algorithm is cannot ping the load sharing connected device (X460) IP which previously could if I using L2 LACP algorithm on BD8800.

Best regards,

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Lazuardi that is possible if your 8800 modules are older. What do you mean "BD8800 cannot connect to all devices connected with load sharing"

Is the traffic being more distributed on the links?

P

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Paul,

There is no CRC32 custom algorithm options on our BD8800 and X460. Our BD8800 cannot use custom algorithm with error "No slots currently in the system support the custom algorithm". When I try to use L3-L4, our BD8800 cannot connect to all devices connected with load sharing. It seem no problem with CRC16 and L3_L4 on our X460. Is it normal?

Best regards,
GTM-P2G8KFN