cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Easiest way to bulk upload AP's into a C5210?

Easiest way to bulk upload AP's into a C5210?

Christopher_Dav
New Contributor II
We're doing a large wireless upgrade. Whats the best way to add these AP's to the controller?
5 REPLIES 5

Chat
New Contributor
Important for us was put the good config in "AP-bulk configuration-APdefaultSettings" for each model of AP. If you do this you only will have to change the name of AP.

And in AP maintenance put "Always upgrade AP to default image (overrides Controlled Upgrade settings)" with this always will have your APs with the same firmware automatically.

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
in the newer firmware they will show up on both controllers as long as you have them set up in a high availability configuration. Then you can "home" them to the controller you want (Local approved or Foreign approved)

You can also bulk edit the associate AP's per controller with the controller list

Christopher_Dav
New Contributor II
Considered having them associate similiar to that, but I have two controllers for fail over. I want half on each one, odds on the primary, evens on the secondary. I have a spreadsheet with AP name, program # etc. Is there not a way to input this like a script?

Im sorry, I do not know of a way to script them in. I do know this is the easiest with the naming exception. That may be a call with GTAC

I do know you can enter them manually via the GUI and when they associate they will pull the config, but that is good for about 6 or less AP's. It would take forever otherwise
GTM-P2G8KFN