Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edp information not listing

edp information not listing

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

When I try to obtain EDP information from a particular switch using the SHOW EDP PORT ALL command I do not receive any details.

All our other switches display the detail correctly when using the above command.

Is there any reason why EDP information will not show up?

The uplink on the problem switch is a Fibre connection running on Port 48 (Shared) SFP connector.

If port 48 is being used as the uplink port should appear as a port in the VLANs or not?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
14 REPLIES 14

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Parthiban,

No problem with the delayed response. I really am thankful for the assistance you and Paul Russo have shown on this and other issues I have logged.

Do you have a number for the TAC. I tried the UK Numbers on the Extreme Website but the call is never answered. I would be really happy to get the TAC involved in this matter and giving them access to the switch is not a problem.

Thanks very much,

Jason

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
It will be better with access to the problematic switch Sorry for the delayed response . I am traveling for 2 more days. Is it ok to create a case with tac? They will need access to the switch

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Parthiban,

Following on from the LLDP test I undertook yesterday evening I decided to look at the config of another switch (stadalone) and compare the configs side-by-side.

The problem switch still has the same issue. It doesn't seem to be able to communicate with anything on the network and, in reverse, nothing on the network can communicate with the switch.

Looking at a switch that works perfectly well, I've noticed that there is no IP information associated with any of the VLANs. The only IP address i can see is a single address associated with the Default VLAN.

Does the above seem correct?

I would have thought that somewhere in the config an IP address would have had to be assigned to either the physical device or at least one of the VLANs in order to facilitate communication.

Any suggestions? I can email config/setup files from either switch if it helps.

Many thanks for all your efforts on metter. It is greatly appreciated.

Jason.
GTM-P2G8KFN